At St. Paul’s, we make the switching process as convenient and simple as possible. The switching process starts on the date you indicate on your Account Transfer Form. Under the Code of Conduct for Switching, the old bank must ensure that all steps are taken to facilitate moving your account within 7 working days of the switching date, and the Credit Union must ensure that all steps are taken to open your new account within 10 working days of the switching date.
The Switcher Team will switch Direct Debits and Standing Orders from your old account. You must switch your Salary, other incoming payments, and recurring payments from your Debit Card yourself.
First Step – If you don’t already have one, Open a Current Account with St. Paul’s – How to Apply?
Then – when you receive your St. Paul’s Current Account IBAN:
- Complete the Switcher Form and return to St. Paul’s.
- Select Start Switch Date – Select a quiet time when there is little activity on your old account as the start switch date, to avoid a clash with incoming salary or outgoing mortgage payments etc.
- Notify your employer/pension provider of your new Current Account details:
- GARDA PAYROLL – Update SALARY & SUB Payment IBAN Details on the Garda Portal
- GARDA PENSION – Complete “Garda Pension – Change Bank or Credit Union Details Form” and return to Garda Pensions, National Shared Service Office, Tullamore.
- Other Employer – Complete the Form in Appendix 2 of the Switcher Pack and return to the employer.
- Notify your other regular payments suppliers, Child Benefit etc., by using the Form in Appendix 3 of the Switcher Pack.
- Contact companies that have recurring payments on your old debit card and give them your new details. You will see these payments on your old current account statement.
- Remember not all payments are monthly e.g., property tax, TV licence etc.
- We recommend that you keep your old account open until you are satisfied that all incoming and outgoing payments have been switched.
Let us know if you require an overdraft or loan to consolidate existing debt and we’ll process your application speedily.
We aim to make the Switching process as easy and stress free as possible, contact us with any queries on 021-4313355 or firstname.lastname@example.org
If you cannot download these forms, contact us on 021-4313355 or email@example.com and we will post the Switcher Pack and Forms to you